NLS Level 7 Diploma in Business Law
School: Newcastle School of Law
Course code: L3-PHNBL-DIP
Level 7 (NLS/HLC level 7)
HLC Qualification Number:
PURSUE YOUR DREAMS – GAIN A RESPECTED QUALIFICATION STUDYING ONLINE
Level 7 Professional Diploma in Business Law
The programme aims to develop pro-active decision makers, managers and leaders for a variety of careers in business sectors in a Newcastle context.
The objective of the NLS Level 7 Diploma in Business Law qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of:
- contemporary and specialised approaches to accountancy and finance
- key practical, theoretical and empirical issues, and academic research
- the complexity of the ever-changing legal framework in which the financial sector operates
- the latest developments in accountancy and reporting required by local, national and European government.
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to pursue a career in the Business Law related services industry, professional. The qualification equips learners with the essential skills and knowledge in Business Law needed to pursue high-level careers in all types of organisations in the public and private sector.
The Level 7 Diploma in Business Law qualification also provides learners with the opportunity to work toward a relevant master’s programme with advanced standing.
Key facts about Level 7 Diploma in Business Law
● Advance your career: 74% say their qualification played a vital role in their career advancement.
● Increase your salary: 78% increase their earning potential within a year.
● Enhance your credibility: The qualification is fully accredited and recognised and add values to your educational profile.
● Assessments Assessment is via submission of assignments / dissertation project.
● Support Live tutor support via Chat and email for qualifications delivered by us.
Why choose Newcastle ?
The Level 4, 5 and 6 diploma qualifications are equivalent to Year 1, 2 and 3 (Final year) respectively of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree. Each level consists of 120 credits. Completing any of the level 4 qualifications will enable learners a progression to the next level of higher education at UK universities.
Year 1 of a Three-year UK Bachelor’s degree
NLS qualifications at RQF Level 7 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competencies that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Master’s Degrees, Integrated Master’s Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Certificates.
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over 9-12 months for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning. The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
The NLS Level 7 Diploma in Business Law qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
· Dispute Resolution (20 credits)
· Personal Injury (20 credits)
· Employment Law (20 credits)
· Criminal Law (20 credits)
· Family Law (20 credits)
· Corporate Law (20 credits)
Each NCL Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice focuses on a specific practice area and there are ten to choose from. To achieve a Certificate, you need to study five courses in total:
You will need to study three mandatory units as part of your Certificate, including an introductory unit and two professional skills units:
- Client Care Skills
- Legal Research Skills
- Introduction to Law and Practic
One law and one practice unit
You select one of the following combinations, depending on the area of law that you are most interested in:
- Civil Litigation with Contract Law
- Civil Litigation with Law of Tort
- Conveyancing with Land Law
- Criminal Litigation with Criminal Law
- The Practice of Family Law with Family Law
- The Practice of Employment Law with Employment Law
- Probate Practice with Law of Wills and Succession
- The Practice of Law for the Elderly Client with Law of Wills and Succession
- The Practice of Child Care Law with Family Law
- Residential and Commercial Leasehold Conveyancing with Land Law
For entry onto the NLS Level 7 Diploma in Business Law qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- A learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
Assessment and Verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by NLS. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. A judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The NLS Level 7 Diploma in Business Law qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by DETC.UK and Higher Learning Commission. UK, learners are eligible to progress to master’s top-up programmes at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing.
Exploring your options
Once you register with us (and for up to three years after you finish your studies), you’ll have full access to our careers service for a wide range of information and advice. This includes online forums, website, interview simulation, vacancy service as well as the option to email or speak to a careers adviser.
In the meantime if you want to do some research around this qualification and where it might take you, we’ve put together a list of relevant job titles as a starting point. Some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience.
- barrister’s clerk
- chartered legal executive (England and Wales)
- company secretary
- licensed conveyancer
- advice worker
- chartered accountant
- civil service administrator
- data analyst/scientist
- forensic computer analyst
- patent attorney
- trading standards office
Skills for career development
This qualification will provide you with knowledge and understanding of the legal system of England and Wales and a range of legal and other skills, including being able to identify legal issues and apply legal principles and developing your time management and self-motivation abilities.
This qualification could count towards part completion of the academic stage of legal training as recognised by the Higher Learning Commission. It is necessary to complete further undergraduate legal studies successfully and meet all other requirements of the HLC in order satisfactorily to complete the academic stage of training.
If you want to become a solicitor or barrister, you’ll need to complete the full Bachelor of Laws with Honours (LLB) qualification within six years.
A law degree is a gateway to a career as a solicitor or barrister, but it’s not the only path you can choose. Many options are available to you beyond the legal profession, including Company secretary, Detective, Advice worker, or Human resources officer.
Newcastle Law School is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and Distance Education and Training Council (DETC), which is registerd with UK government.
How to apply ?
Simply follow the steps given below to enrol:
1. Fill enrolment form on-line at https://nclaws.org/apply-now/
2. Pay enrolment fee of GBP £10
(This can be paid online using credit or debit card)