Level 3 Diploma in Law
Course code: L3-l-d
> 6 months
> 9 months
Via submission of assignments - No exams
Online and On campus
PURSUE YOUR DREAMS – GAIN A RESPECTED QUALIFICATION STUDYING ONLINE
Level 3 Diploma in Law
The programme aims to develop pro-active decision makers, managers and leaders for a variety of careers in business sectors in a Newcastle context.
The Level 3 Diploma in Law is a 60 credit qualification and is the equivalent level to an A-Level or Access to higher education Qualification. It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to study a law degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required.
Although the qualification is primarily intended to support your progression to higher education, the introductory skills, knowledge and understanding that you will gain would be of use in various job roles in a legal setting, such as legal secretary or administrator, including those offered through school/college-leaver traineeships or fast-track programmes.
On successful completion of a Level 3 Diploma in Law there are a number of progression opportunities.Learners may progress to :
● Level 4 qualification such as Level Diploma in Business Management
● Degree programme
This qualification at RQF Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
Level 3 Diploma in Law consists of 4 mandatory units for a combined total of 60 credits.
Key facts about Level 3 Diploma In Law
100% Online: Learn with the UK’s leading online course provider.
Global programme: Study anywhere, anytime on your laptop, phone or tablet.
Study material: Comprehensive study materials and e-library support.
Payment plans: Interest free payment plans available.
Why choose Newcastle ?
● Advance your career: 74% say their qualification played a vital role in their career advancement.
● Increase your salary: 78% increase their earning potential within a year.
● Enhance your credibility: The qualification is fully accredited and recognised and add values to your educational profile.
● Cost effective Typically British qualification starts from GBP £ 3000 per annum, but with Newcastle, you enjoy saving upto 60% on your educational investment.
● Assessments Assessment is via submission of assignments / dissertation project.
● Support Live tutor support via Chat and email for qualifications delivered by us.
Newcastle qualifications at HLC Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
The programme is available in two duration modes:
The Learners must possess:
● There are no formal entry requirements.
● This qualification is designed for learners who are typically aged 16 and above.
● The English legal system
This unit provides an overview of the English Legal System to prepare learners for more substantive study in areas of English Law.
● Contract law
This unit will introduce learners to the principles and key elements of contract law.
● Academic and research skills for law
This unit develops academic research skills and the language skills needed to be able to formally present academic research in a legal context.
● Legal terminology and communication
This unit develops learners’ skills and how to present information in a legal context.
The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
The fee for the programme is as follows:
6 months – GBP £1250
9 months – GBP £950
Please find below available fee payment plans:
6 months – GBP £1250
● Payment option (a): GBP £416 x 3 monthly instalments
● Payment option (b): GBP £1187.50 x 1 instalment (We offer 5% bursary on total fee for students opting to pay in full)
9 months – GBP £950
● Payment option (c): GBP £190 x 5 monthly instalments
● Payment option (d): GBP £475 x 2 quarterly instalments
● Payment option (e): GBP £902.50 x 1 instalment (We offer 5% bursary on total fee for students opting to pay in full)
Exploring your options
Once you register with us (and for up to three years after you finish your studies), you’ll have full access to our careers service for a wide range of information and advice. This includes online forums, website, interview simulation, vacancy service as well as the option to email or speak to a careers adviser.
In the meantime if you want to do some research around this qualification and where it might take you, we’ve put together a list of relevant job titles as a starting point. Some careers may require further study, training and/or work experience.
- barrister’s clerk
- chartered legal executive (England and Wales)
- company secretary
- licensed conveyancer
- advice worker
- chartered accountant
- civil service administrator
- data analyst/scientist
- forensic computer analyst
- patent attorney
- trading standards office
Skills for career development
This qualification will provide you with knowledge and understanding of the legal system of England and Wales and a range of legal and other skills, including being able to identify legal issues and apply legal principles and developing your time management and self-motivation abilities.
This qualification could count towards part completion of the academic stage of legal training as recognised by the Higher Learning Commission. It is necessary to complete further undergraduate legal studies successfully and meet all other requirements of the HLC in order satisfactorily to complete the academic stage of training.
If you want to become a solicitor or barrister, you’ll need to complete the full Bachelor of Laws with Honours (LLB) qualification within six years.
A law degree is a gateway to a career as a solicitor or barrister, but it’s not the only path you can choose. Many options are available to you beyond the legal profession, including Company secretary, Detective, Advice worker, or Human resources officer.
Newcastle Law School is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and Distance Education and Training Council (DETC), which is registerd with UK government.
How to apply ?
Simply follow the steps given below to enrol:
1. Fill enrolment form on-line at https://nclaws.org/apply-now/
(This can be paid online using credit or debit card)